3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Plastic Adhesive DP8005 is a two-part acrylic- based adhesive (10:1 ratio by volume) that can bond many low surface energy plastics, including many grades of polypropylene, polyethylene, and TPO’s without special surface preparation.
3M™ Scotch-Weld Adhesive DP8005 can replace screws, rivets, plastic welding, and two-step processes which include chemical etchants, priming or surface treatments in many applications.
• Ability to Bond Dissimilar Substrates
• Ability to Structurally Bond Polyolefins
• Room Temperature Cure
• Excellent Water and Humidity Resistance
• Very Good Chemical Resistance
• One Step Process – No Pre-Treatment of the Substrates Needed
• Solvent-free Adhesive System
• Convenient Hand-Held Applicator System
• Contains 0.008” glass beads for bondline thickness control